The Cultura Group is a specialist landscape contractor who provides high quality commercial and domestic landscaping services to the private and public sectors.
We are expanding our reputation as a company that takes care of its staff and delivers quality through our expertise and great service. A company that we can all be proud of.
We currently have an opening for a well organised and experienced Hard Landscape Supervisor to lead an effective team working on our private garden construction projects throughout the South East of England.
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to be part of developing a new sector for a market leader. You will be working at the high end of the industry, delivering first class, award-winning, large private garden construction schemes for our key clients and prestigious designers, where only the very best is good enough.
This role provides on the ground management of the site team, liaison with project designers and architects and also direct management support to the Head of Private Construction. The role is a mix of on the ground hands on leadership and mobile site level management.
The Supervisor must be competent in communicating both verbally and in writing with our client’s site management and our own in-house administrative support.
A strong knowledge of good landscape practice will be essential, preferably supported by a qualification or a willingness to obtain one.
As the “right hand man” to the Head of Private Construction you will be expected to oversee the more complicated projects and/or potentially multiple projects at a time, including attending H&S and production meetings with the on-site management, troubleshooting and assisting the manager with general tasks such as take-off’s, site measures and client liaison. This Role will require you to physically work on sites and lead teams to achieve deadlines and quality standards.
- Be a leader in implementing good Health and Safety practice
- Help to implement and achieve targets
- Troubleshoot on site issues
- Assist the Head of Private Construction with programming and planning works and labour
- Improve on site quality control, including snagging
- Deal with material call offs for projects within your control
- Quality control of both deliveries and general work standards
- Provide clear communication to the site teams of their duties
- Communicate with our client’s site teams including attending meetings.
- Provide the Head of Private Construction and estimating with drawing take-offs
- Ensure the correct work methods are being adhered to
- Provide advice on and assist with the ordering, delivery and returns of the correct tools and plant to carry out our works.
- Assist in the implementation of training and progression among the team leaders and operatives.
Ideally the candidate will possess:
In Return We Offer:
- Previous supervisory experience within the landscape construction industry.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to plan and execute work efficiently.
- Good leadership skills are also important as are good organisational skills and an eye for detail.
- Good horticultural and plant knowledge
- Experience/qualifications with plant such as excavators, dumpers and telehandlers required
Please respond in writing with CV to:
- A growing company able to provide training and personal development
- A company committed to the success of its people
- Competitive rate of pay
- A vehicle for use in the course of company work
- The opportunity to work on a varied and exciting portfolio of clients and contracts