Operational Support Assistant
- Salary: £20-£25,000 per annum
- Job Location: Tilford, Surrey
- Job Type: Full-time
Cultura is a specialist landscape contractor who has been providing high quality commercial landscaping and maintenance services to both the private and public sector for almost three decades. Our portfolio stretches from The Midlands to the South Coast and from Kent to Exeter. We are expanding our reputation as a company that takes care of its staff and delivers quality through our expertise and great service. A company that we can all be proud of.
Assisting the Senior Contracts Administrator in providing support to the Commercial Operations Team, the position will primarily involve the ordering of materials to sites, maintaining internal systems, and the provision of office based support to the external teams. This position is office based.
Duties include -
- Ensure internal systems and logs are kept up to date, including saving of all pertinent e-mail to the relevant job folders.
- Placing orders for materials and call offs.
- Liaise with suppliers and obtain quotations and material costs.
- Sourcing hire equipment, arranging delivery and collection, and maintaining the tracker log.
- Chase suppliers for delivery dates, obtain estimated arrival times, deal with failed deliveries.
- Monitoring job costs and adhering to cost budgets.
- First point of contact for the Maintenance Teams, providing site information, ordering materials, collating daily reports, and updating the visit log.
- Responsible for the logging of defects, obtaining quotes, ordering materials, and recording costs.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of estimates/quotations
- When required provide assistance in communications with the customer, ensuring they are kept updated with progress throughout the course of works
- Provide back up support and general assistance to all areas of the business.
- Using external contractor systems to book inductions, deliveries, monitor the issuing of new drawings.
- Responding to information requests from all areas of the Business.
Essential qualities and skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Competent IT Skills- including Excel, Outlook, Teams, and general computer use.
- Ability to multi-task and produce high levels of work output.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Comfortable using the telephone.
- Able to think quickly when issues arises.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Quick learner and willing to take direction.
- Pro-active/uses initiative.
- Thorough and conscientious.
- Flexible approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping.
- Proactive in own self development and learning.
- Ability to self manage and prioritise workload.